The Anacrusis is a four-player, cooperative first-person shooter set aboard a massive starship stranded at the edge of explored space. Team up with your friends in an infinitely-replayable fight against alien hordes to unlock perks, weapons, and new ways to play that you can share with your team!
Starting with a small team of 6 in 2019, The Anacrusis has always been about players working together for a shared goal. Constant playtesting and iterating on user feedback has been the foundation of building out the game and adding features. The Anacrusis is the meeting of modern co-op game design with the vibe of late 60s and early 70s sci-fi television shows and movies. The Anacrusis embraces the optimism represented by the design of that era—smooth curves and crisp line art—despite the apocalyptic setting of a massive alien attack. The design of The Anacrusis is co-op first, meaning every player action in the game is designed to foster cooperation among the players, no matter how diverse their skill or experience level is.
- The Anacrusis is a four-player, cooperative first-person shooter set aboard a massive starship stranded at the edge of explored space. Team up with your friends in an infinitely-replayable fight against alien hordes to unlock perks, weapons, and new ways to play that you can share with your team!
- The first season of The Anacrusis tells the story of four unlikely survivors - Nessa, Guion, Liu, and Lance - who are unwilling combatants in the battle to defend humanity from the alien menace. Play more and unlock more of the unfolding mystery of the alien attack.
- In The Anacrusis, the AI Director 2.0 controls every aspect of the game. It spawns every enemy, directs each boss, and places every weapon, gadget, and health kit. No matter your skill level, you'll find the perfect level of challenge. More than that, the Director 2.0 creates the kinds of video game moments that you can’t wait to tell your friends about.
- The Anacrusis is available on Steam, Xbox Series S|X, Xbox One, Windows 10, and Game Pass. It supports full cross-play between all platforms at launch, so players can play with their friends across all supported platforms.
Introducing the MODerately Extravagant Update — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Stray Bombay
- We're a small studio making big games. With a focus on social and cooperative game design, we're building the types of places that people want to inhabit, not just play in. We think now is the time to change the culture of game development, by making everyone equals, not just in their impact on a project, but in how we divide the rewards from our success.
- More information
- More information on Stray Bombay, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Anacrusis Credits
- Chet Faliszek
- CEO + Co-Founder
- Dr. Kimberly Voll
- Co-Founder + AI Developer
- Will Smith